Morning all and Happy Sunday, I hope the sun is shining where you are, seems odd to see it here in the Pacific NW.
We’ve talked here about what Mindfulness is in several posts:
For the most part we have talked about using meditation and breath as a way to cultivate mindfulness yet our Friend over at The Middle Way has posted a fantastic list of cultivating it in many ways. Please check out the blog post here to see the full descriptions, the summarized list is below:
- Take a breath
- Smile in public (I’d also add “smile to yourself all the time”)
- Spot your moods and how moods affect your life
- Feel your body, how it is
- Eat mindfully
- Notice when entering a new space
- Try feeling any jewelry you are wearing, as often as possible
- Let the phone ring a big, breathe first
If you have other suggestions, head over the The Middle Way and post a comment.